The Newsletter serving the members of the Cape Cod CPOA Chapter
MINUTES OF MEETING: February 2nd 2005
E-Mail Version of The HELMSMAN is available by contacting MSTC Jeff Perdue
Cape Cod CPOA meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month at the Weary Travelers Club.
Next meeting: March 2nd 2005
1900 at The Weary Travelers Club
This and all chapter newsletters can be accessed on the national web site at http//www.uscgcpoa.org
President: Vice President: Secretary: Treasurer:
John Westlund MSTC Jeff Perdue SFC Dick Pratt
MINUTES OF MEETING: February 2, 2005
1920– The smoking lamp is extinguished. Meeting called to order by the Chapter President BMC Westlund.
BMC John Westlund, MSTC Jeff Perdue, SFC (Ret) Dick Pratt, ETCS Bruce MacIntire, AETC Mark Haney, AETCS Robin Sparks, OSCS Rich Uronis, BMC Bo Hause, YNCM (Ret) Pete Gallagher, DCC (Ret), Howard Greeson, MKC (Ret) Kenley Hallock
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/ PREAMBLE/ MOMENT OF SILENCE
Recognize passing of ATC (Ret) Jerry Piunti.
MINUTES: Minutes accepted as presented.
– Received email through Nat’l concerning request for assistance for BMC Galindo.
TREASURERS REPORT: final total in the CPOA General Fund $4409.00
C&BL: Chairman: Vacant – NTR
PUBLIC RELATIONS: Chairman: ETCS Bruce MacIntire
FINANCE: Co-Chairman’s: ADCM Ken Norton (Ret), MSG Tom Coyle (Ret)
SPECIAL OLYMPICS: Chairman: OSC Marc Therle, DCC Jim Kline
– YNCM (Ret) Gallagher reported that Special Olympics date is set for June 10th, 2005 and the base gym; Prices for rental item to remain the same as last year. With the gym under new management, NGB has been contacted for necessary paperwork / liability forms to be completed
PLANNING: Chairman – Vacant –Request new CMTE Chair
FUND RAISING: Chairman – ETCS Bruce MacIntire
– Cape Cod Chapter T-shirts for sale for $10.00 each.
GOLF : Chairman – SFC (Ret) Dick Pratt, ETCM Dave Pouler, OSC Marc Therle, HMCS (Ret) John LaCava
– Spring Tourney tentatively scheduled for May 16th at Cape Cod Country Club. More to follow.
– Motion made to open chapter elections. Motion Carried
– Motion to send $100.00 to help BMC Galindo. Motion Carried
– Motion to give retiring chapter members retirement plaques. Motion Carried
FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER:
– Chapter should consider sending CCCF $125.00
50/50 – A total of $11.00 was collected DCC Greeson was the winner and returned to the General Fund.
2000 – Meeting adjourned
CAPE COD CHAPTER, CPOA BOOSTERS
The Chapter and its beneficiaries are grateful to the following people:
|WILLIAM COLLETTE, MKCS,||MAR 05|
|RALPH SARGENT, BMCM, RET.||APR 04|
|BILL FEDDEMA, CWO4, RET.||OCT 04|
|ALFRED DAUPHINAIS, ENCS, RET.||MAY 04|
|KEN NORTON, ADCM, RET.||DEC 06|
|TOM COYLE, MSGT, RET.||AUG 05|
|DANIEL L MCCLUNG, RMC, RET.||NOV 05|
|FRANK M TEXEIRA, PSCM, USCGR||DEC 03|
|REX BARTON, AMC, RET.||OCT 03|
|MOE COOPER, CWO, USGCR||MAR 05|
|MAHLON A. CHASE, Sr., BMC, RET.||MAY 05|
|JOHN “JOCKO” MAHONEY, BMCM, RET.||AUG 04|
|WILLIAM H. CURLEY, MKCS, RET.||SEP 04|
|ALAN W. KALLMANN, CWO, USCGR||DEC 06|
|TIM PITTS, MKCM, RET.||AUG 03|
|ROBERT MACCALLUM, RDC, RET.||NOV 05|
|BARRY KENNEDY, ETC, RET.||DEC 04|
|RICH FICHTER, MKCS (Ret)||AUG 04|
|KENLEY HALLOCK, MKC, RET.||DEC 04|
|RAY LALIBERTE||FEB 07|
|BO HAUSE, BMC||SEP 04|
|PETE GALLAGHER, YNCM, RET||JUN 06|
|JEFFREY PERDUE, MSTC||JUL 04|
|WALLY BOCK, CMSGT, USAF, RET.||FEB 05|
Expired boosters are removed after 6 months.